Tuesday, December 7, 2010

This Week's Regimen


This past wash day, I was feeling pretty lazy so I shortened my process and I must say that I had a positive experience and I might do this from now on. I put plain detangling conditioner onto my hair after doing some dry finger detangling (very little) and sectioned my hair into six braids. I slathered some honey on top and a few minutes later, I rinsed it out. I co-washed with one of my other regular conditioners and then used a T-shirt to dry my hair. When my hair was about 85% dry, I used another conditioner (Aussie Moist) as a leave in sealed with coconut oil, detangled my hair and then put it in braids.

This took less time overall, and I like the idea of only detangling once. Initially I was afraid to only detangle after my hair had been washed because adding water to my hair curls it up (obviously) and that can create tangles. So I would try to detangle about 60% before I let my hair get soaking wet. But the tangles weren't much worse than usual (this may be due to the Aussie Moist being used like a leave in, but I can't be sure). Next wash day I will do a similar process, but I will use my regular DC mixture. So there won't be much of a difference other than I won't detangle before I wash my hair and I will put conditioner in as a leave in on mostly dry hair and then detangle and style from there.

I'll try this regimen for a few weeks and see how it works for me before I make a final decision to change my regimen. It's important to try things out a few times before coming to a final verdict, but the fact of the matter is......I have no patience. In my head if something is good it should work immediately. But despite my impatience, I will continue to try this regimen. However, I would like to try a different style though, my messy braidout bun is getting on my nerves, but we'll see.

Deuces ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment