Sunday, December 19, 2010

Nail Lacquer Addiction (second only to chocolate)


This week I wore another color that I've worn before, which is very much unlike me. But I think it's because of the season, this is only my second winter since the affair began and I'm so particular about the colors I'll wear that I haven't ventured out much into wearing seasonally appropriate colors. I prefer bright and/or light colors, and so last winter I was not necessarily interested in wearing dark colors just because it was cold outside. In my experience, sometimes looking at a bright nail color can brighten up your day, especially when its dark and dreary for days on end.

ALSO, for some reason I have been getting into darker colors lately. I think this is due to the fact that manufacturers are coming out with different shades of deep colors, so there's more of a range for me to fall in love with. So last winter I mixed it up a little, with dark and bright colors, but mainly I stayed away from the dark ones (mostly because I didn't really own any until this summer). Anyhoo, this week I wore another  OPI color called No Spain, No Gain. This is one of my favorite colors, because I think I can wear it anywhere. It's not so dark as to make anyone wonder if I'm gothic, and not too bright so that anyone wonders why I'm wearing this color to work.



It looks a lot brighter in the pics but I'm neither a lighting nor photography expert so forgive me. In normal lighting (i.e. without flash) it is a very deep berry color. I could imagine myself wearing a lipstick this color and feeling s-e-x-y, if I wore lipstick that is. It is definitely one of my favorites now that I've worn it for a second time because it's so versatile. It isn't too attention grabbing, but it's far from boring The first time I wore it, I was too scared of deep colors, and in my mind's eye it made my hands look old (it's funny how I don't see that anymore). This pic was taken about six days after the initial application and as you can see there's only some tipwear and a small chip on my thumb (and it does look worn down a bit) but very good overall. Gotta love OPI

Until next time, deuces ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment