Saturday, December 11, 2010

Bad Hair Week!

This past week, I did my usual plait/cornrow braid out. I wore my hair half up and half down on Monday, and then wore some sort of bun for the rest of the work week. I will have to get used to working an extra day every week now that I'm working full time, and my hair is reflecting that.

I flat twisted the front a few nights before bed in order to keep definition, and because it is easier and faster than braiding. Well ummm, that did not work out very well. For some reason the hair did not want to stay down, so I put on a headband thinking that would help, but it was like putting an ill fitting band aid on a gaping wound. So my hair was sticking up from Tuesday to Thursday, awesome right. Anyway, I gave up on Friday and gelled down my edges and nape with a small hump in the front. It is by far NOT my best bun, but it came out okay considering what it looked like before. I spritzed with water, put on some leave-in and then put on some gel (not too much, maybe just a teaspoon full), and finally put a scarf on to hold everything in place. So here are the results, I think it's really just another band aid, but it seemed to at least be the appropriate size this time.





So, I will be washing my hair today, and trying a new style. Fingers crossed, but if it sucks I'll find a way to just bun it. I'll be sure to post pics, too.

Until next time, Deuces ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment