Friday, December 10, 2010

Nail Lacquer Addiction (second only to chocolate)


Hello all, this week I started a new job (finally *huge cheese* while I pat myself on the back), so I wanted to do a very work safe color for this week's manicure. I think it is important for every woman to have safe colors for work and job interviews. It's okay to use just plain clear polish, but there are definitely colors that are okay for work. It's also important to pay attention to the atmosphere; how lenient management is, and the colors that your new co-workers wear. I decided to wear Dulce de Leche by OPI, which is one of my favorite colors, ever. I gave it away to my aunt (after a brief struggle) and then I went out and bought another one, because I felt like I couldn't live without it.

 I consider it a "white lady nude", because I think it is meant to be a nude, but lets be frank most nudes are not meant for us women of color, hence the above description. Anyway, nudes are definitely on the list of colors that are safe for work, they add sophistication without catching too much attention or being distracting. I have no idea why, but I love these colors against my skin tone, they don't match but they go with my skin color (in my head anyway) so I think they're perfect.

I would describe this color as a nude for a tan woman, with pink undertones. The wear on most OPI polishes is wonderful, and this one did not disappoint. It has been about five or six days and I barely have any tip wear and one tiiiny chip. It took about three coats because it was a bit streaky, but I don't mind doing three coats. It appears more pink on me in the pic than it does in real life and most lighting, but in general it looks more like the color of the inside of my hand. So without further ado, here's this week's manicure right after it was done:


Oh and while at work, I made sure to pay attention to the nails of the ladies around me, and I found a fellow addict who was wearing black polish, so I definitely think I will be taking more color risks (super excited).

Until next time, Deuces

No comments:

Post a Comment