Friday, December 3, 2010

Nail Lacquer Addiction (second only to chocolate)


Ok so I'm pretty obsessed with nail polish, I visit nail blogs on a daily basis, I can't go into a store without checking out their nail polish selection and there have been times when I spend my last on a color that I've fallen in love with. I am very picky about the colors I am willing to wear though; I'm not a fan of green, blue, red, black, glitter, shimmer or frost. I love cremes and I'm always on the hunt for a new unique color that compliments my skin tone. I do a full manicure once a week and rarely wear the same color twice --- not because I don't want to but because there's always a color that I have been waiting to try and if I'm going to do my manicure over I might as well use a new color. Pedicures are a different story, if my polish isn't chipped I'll go 3-4 weeks without changing it. Pedis are a lot of work so I normally do them bi-weekly if I have the time. Right now I currently have 96 colors that I've been collecting since last summer (and I've given a few away too), yeah it's kind of a problem.

So anyway, here's this week's manicure, Revlon Hot for Chocolate a very very deep dark brown. It looks like the ultimate chocolate brown in the bottle but unfortunately it looks pretty black once it's on. However, I was surprised to find that I actually still liked it. I wasn't quite devoid of ummmmm light (?) like black nail polish is, it doesn't look anywhere near as harsh against my skin. Revlon is one of my favorite brands because you get great wear and they have a pretty good range of colors for the price. I don't have a single chip even after wearing it for 6 days, I only have some tip wear. Anyway here's a pic of the manicure right after I did it.



No comments:

Post a Comment