Monday, December 13, 2010

Awesomeness: Failed Attempt to Salvage a Failed Attempt

So, I decided to try a large, dry flexi rod set this past week. I got the idea from fgrogan on Youtube, she's not transitioning but she did do a year long stretch, so I've been watching some of her videos lately. She did hers at about 7 or 8 months post, so even though I'm a bit further along now that she was when she did it, I thought it might work. Well, I was wrong.

I was expecting that I might be able to sort of hide my new growth with a head band or something and that I would have huge curls but.....I wasn't quite expecting it to be THIS big. I don't think the pics capture just how big my hair was, I'm talking @ least 4 inches high.


BTW I am NOT leaning my head forward in this pic the hair was just that big


I guess it wasn't that bad in retrospect, but I couldn't handle it, how would one even begin to put all of that in a ponytail to bun it. Anyhoo, I decided to try to twist the sections in about 2-3 twists and set them on flexi rods. And I'm not sure why but (as you can see) my hair was pretty dry so I took the opportunity to put some moisturizer on my new growth. I also added some Giovanni mousse because it's the lightest one I have and I didn't want the twists to stick together too much.

This is the result at my attempt to salvage the original failed set. As you can see the height has diminished, but I still don't like it. It isn't horrible, but I don't like my hair to be wavy and curly @ the same time. It needs to be one or the other for me to like it. However, I wore it to work and it really wasn't all that bad, I actually got a compliment on it.
I think I might even just wear it like this all week : O

Why you say? Why would I wear it all week if I think it failed, well I'm a glutton for punishment. But seriously, I wanna give it a chance to grow on me, mainly because it was really easy to do, and it's something that I could do over nightly.



So because of this experience, I decided that I will have to do the one thing that I have been trying to avoid like poison, like the plague, like a perm! I decided a long time ago that I would do everything in my power to get around this one thing. I have been experimenting with different products and styles just to avoid it. But it finally caught up with me, I will do my hair over EVERY NIGHT!!! *passes out dramatically and hits the floor*

I've come to this decision because I'm really liking the freshly done look. And because I don't do my hair over at night I'm forced to bun pretty much everyday and I'm just exceptionally bored with it. I'm going to seek out a style that won't require more than an hour of nightly re-setting, that won't cause too much pulling and tugging and doesn't require combing. But I will still take breaks from the manipulation and bun in between, not sure how often though.

Well until next time, deuces ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment