Thursday, November 18, 2010

Weekly Regimen

I only wash my hair once a week, because my hair is past APL and really thick, even the relaxed ends. When my hair is dry it's pretty difficult to tell the difference (from a distance anyway) and I refuse to detangle all of it more than once a week. 

(APL=arm pit length: I wonder who came up w/the idea behind body part hair measuring, I mean really why would I want to measure my hair by my arm pit, and when you think about it, that's not the same length for everyone. So if I have a long neck and Keisha has a no neck our lengths will be different. But then again I doubt I'll be whipping out a ruler or some measuring tape sooo... anyway I digress)

Anyhoo :
I DC on dry or dampened hair
Detangle and section into braids
Shampoo (rarely co-wash)
Re-Condition and leave most of the conditioner in
Then I use a T-shirt (two actually) to suck out most of the moisture (and then I usually go to bed, if so then I seal in the moisture/conditioner with coconut oil and cover my hair with two satin scarves/bonnets). I unbraid each section and then apply detangling product, seal w/ my own personal shea butter whip and cornbraid/cornrow/canerow or plait accordingly.

Lately, I've been cornbraiding the front and plaiting the back and then wearing my hair in a bun for the work week. I'm really not doing it because I want to protect my ends, I'm just tired of my hair right now. I can't seem to retain enough definition to wear my hair out for more than one day, so I don't bother cornbraiding all of my hair. BUT if I'm going out I will cornbraid all of my hair the night before because I don't like the way a plait braidout looks down (on me anyway). Also I use satin strips for my braidouts, I got this idea from ninapruitt on YouTube who got the idea from ZanAndRob on YouTube. I actually saw the ZanAndRob video before ninapruitt, but I didn't think I'd be able to do it, but I decided to give it a try after seeing Nina's video (well that was a mouthful).

View Tutorials Below (sidenote: I don't do my braidouts exactly like these ladies, and you can tweak the method as much as you like to get the look you want):



Deuces, and Happy Braiding

No comments:

Post a Comment