Thursday, November 18, 2010

Bad Hair Day Band Aid

So today, my hair looked a straight mess. I did a plait/cornrow braid out combo, and bunned my hair all week using a sock (I refer to this as my circle bun, I don't care about the proper term, I've been calling it this since I was in middle school lol). I re-braided the front on Monday night for an interview, but haven't re-braided since, so this morning all definition was gone.

Usually in order to tame the frizz halo, I wet or dampen my hair and plaster on the gel. This time I didn't wan to do that because my braid out buns are lumpy and messy (which is fine, they're supposed to be), but a slick bun should be smooth so Ecostyler was out of the question. So I decided to try an experiment, I put a handful of mousse in the front section of my hair, a big headband and put on my scarf. I took it off when I got to work and to my surprise my hair was laying pretty flat, the frizz halo was greatly reduced and I still had what was left of the definition from my braid out.

I won't make this a habit, but it's an emergency solution. It definitely reduced my roughness factor.

So now I'm off to re-braid the front again

No comments:

Post a Comment