Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sometimes You Just Have to Say "I Don't Give a DAMN"

OMG, I love this video. I recently discovered her channel on YouTube and immediately fell in love. I agree with her in so many ways, I just had to post it. Her accent and her attitude are just plain old fab and just adds to the message (sorry I just love me a New York accent).

You have to set your own standard of beauty!!!! I have been saying this for years and this is not just for black women but women in general. We let society dictate our lives and opinions way too much. We need to recognize that beauty does not come in one shade, shape or texture. And this is especially problematic when our ideal looks nothing like us. Is it not problematic for a milk chocolate sista with "type 4" hair to believe that a white woman with straight hair down to her bum is the ultimate beauty? We need to get it together ladies.

Anyway here's the vid (you can skip to 4:26 to skip the bit on shrinkage):

No comments:

Post a Comment