Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My One Year Transitioniversary


So I made it through one year of transitioning!!! It almost passed without me even noticing it. I still had my hair in the box braids on the actual date, so I didn't do anything special to it. I've decided (tentatively) that I will continue to transition. I know, I'm so indecisive, but I really do plan to continue. After I took my braids out, I did my usual braid out, and I was so in love with how much hair I had. It was so big, and long too. Maybe I just missed my hair because it was it was braided away for two weeks and before that it was hidden away in a bun. But either way, I was happy to see my hair with so much volume and length, so I decided that the saga must continue even though I cut some of it off.

My new growth is still a bit short, specifically the really kinky areas, so I don't wanna BC quite yet. The other thing that made me change my mind is my Tangle Teezer. Boy oh boy, that thing is simply wonderful, not to mention the fact that I finally got it through my head that I needed to detangle in smaller sections. Before the Tangle Teezer, I could never get my fingers through my hair from root to tip, and I mean NEVER. No wide tooth comb ever did that for me.

Wash day has been a dreadful experience for about the last 5 months or so, but the last few times I washed my hair I practically enjoyed it. I was shocked! Now when I finish detangling, I don't want to chop it all off or rip it out. So detangling and wash day are no longer obstacles in my transitioning journey. The only issue is styling at this point, and I can always fall back on bunning when that begins to annoy me. I haven't set a date for when I will end my journey, because it could be any time. I would like to go for another year (or two lol), but quite frankly I don't know if I'll last that long. So I will begin my search for a natural hair stylist to do my BC and once I find her (and it gets warm) I'll just let the spirit move me and BC when I feel like it ; )

Until Next time, deuces

No comments:

Post a Comment