Monday, February 7, 2011

Adventures in the Land of Henna



So I did a henna treatment again. This time I used store bought henna and well..... I won't be doing that again. When I opened the package it was in a plastic bag and the inside of the box was different than the other one I used before. Both were Jamila henna and had the same exact picture on the outside, but this one had 'henna for hair' written all over the inside of the box. I was a little concerned, so I did a strand test (well actually it was more of a hair clump test on shed hair). The hair came out just fine, so I decided to go for it.

The henna itself was fine, however I found a few pieces of plastic in it. Yes!!! Plastic!!! in my henna!!! Oh and it wasn't from the plastic bag that it came in, it was simply random pieces of plastic. Initially I thought, "oh, leaves" but then I rinsed them off and saw that they were plastic. SMDH. So no more buying from that store and it's the only one in my area, so back to online vendors for me.

I left out the oils and conditioner in hopes of getting the full effects of the dye release. And I also left the henna on for an extra hour, but everything else was done pretty much the same way. In the end, my hair looked almost no different from the first time I did it. The results were almost identical, the color was only a little more noticeable than the last time, but detangling didn't seem any different and my hair still didn't feel stronger. I'm starting to think that the time it takes to do a henna treatment is just not worth the outcome. 

I will try again though (glutten for punishment that I am), but next time no Jamila. I will probably purchase from Mehandi.com, they have a pretty good looking henna selection, so we'll see. I think two more tries and if the results aren't any better then no more henna at all.

Until next time, Deuces ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment