Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Straight Hair and a Cut



So I finally got around to cutting my hair. First I blew my hair out on medium with my Denman D31, which gave me super fluffy and soft hair. I would have just worn my hair blown out like that, but I knew it would have to be straight for my stylist to trim it. I then straightened with my Instyler, two passes on my new growth and one pass on my relaxed ends.

It came out quite well, and I loved the fluffy texture of my new growth much better than the stick straightness of my relaxed ends. I couldn't believe how long my hair had gotten and I came really close to only getting a small trim.

However, I got in the chair at the salon, threw caution to the wind and told her to take off at least four inches. Her mouth dropped open and she said I had no reason to take off that much because my hair wasn't breaking at the LOD. However, she did end up giving in and she cut off a good amount (not sure how many inches). I'm back to APL and I have layers again, and the longest layer is only about 1 or 2 inches from BSL, all of which I love.


So the straight hair only lasted about a week. I was eager to get back to my braid outs and to see the new length with my go-to style. I was pretty happy with it, and doing my hair seemed a bit easier (probably because of the Tangle Teezer) so I decided to try cornbraids again and I loved the look, but my ends still fell flat after the third day, so I bunned for the rest of the week (as usual). The only difference is that on the first day my hair got really big. I lost some definition in the front so I had to improvise, I usually walk around with a headband in my handbag, but it looks like it was in there too long. I finally found it at the bottom of my bag, but the elastic in it had....melted? It was horrible and sticky, but luckily one of my coworkers had a hair pin. So I did manage to tame it. My roots may have lasted longer if I had kept the braids in for a few days, but time doesn't always allow for that. Anyway here's a pic:



No comments:

Post a Comment